getting another invite to take part in a virtual premiere for a movie for one of the welcome to the blumhouse releases was even more exciting than the first time. It’s still a shock for me to get these invitations and I couldn’t accept fast enough.
this time around, i was able to choose between the Manor and Madres (which i can’t wait to watch) as both were going to be streaming at the same time. after watching the trailers for both movies, i rsvp’d for the Manor.
before we get to my top 5 reasons to watch, let’s check out the movie.
Title: The Manor
Director: Axell Carolyn
Time: 81 minutes
Release Date: October 8, 2021
Distributor: Amazon Video
Synopsis: After suffering a mild stroke, Judith Albright reluctantly moves into a historic nursing home where she becomes convinced a supernatural force is killing the residents.
Cast: Barbara Hershey, Bruce Davison, Nicholas Alexander, Jill Laresen, Fran Bennett, Katie Amanda Keane
And now the trailer:
top 5 reasons to watch the manor:
- the setting — a gorgeous, gothic looking house with a forest behind it? oh yeah, nothing good is going to happen
- the relationships — I loved Judith and her grandson and all of the scenes with them together
- the cinematography — there are some great shots with shadows and I really loved the perspective
- the unreliable narrator — is she going crazy? is it the pills? is it really happening? the second guessing is my favorite
- the ending — it went in a direction I wasn’t expecting and I was absolutely here for it
This was an enjoyable start to the spooky season and I’ll likely watch it again with Hubs.
huge thanks to amazon studios and blumhouse television for the invite to participate. The Manor is streaming on amazon prime now.
Do you like thrillers? Will you be watching The Manor?
Leave a Reply