When I got the invitation to watch a screener for the first season of Tattoo Redo, I was instantly in. I have several tattoos and I love love love watching everything about cover ups.
Title: Tattoo Redo
Format: Live Action/Reality
Episodes: 6 x 25 minutes
Release Date: July 28, 2021
Synopsis: When terrible tattoos are too much to bear… you cover them up. Five of the most talented tattoo artists in the business take on some of the most embarrassing tattoos and turn them into amazing masterpieces. And in a fun twist, what they don’t know is that the person who brought them in is going to choose the Tattoo Redo! Will they love it or hate it?
Artists: Miryam Lumpini, Twig Sparks, Tommy Montoya, Matt Beckerich, and Rose Hardy
Host: Jessimae Peluso
Before we get to my top 5 reasons to watch, let’s check out the trailer.
top 5 reasons to watch Tattoo Redo:
- The premise — I love the idea of a loved one picking out the tattoo cover up; this idea is something that has always intrigued me
- The host — Jessimae was sarcastic, broke the 4th wall often, and absolutely delightful
- The artists — I’ve seen Tommy Montoya on other tattoo shows and his work is amazing. I love watching him work. The other artists are just as fantastic and all have such great style
- The artwork — it’s always fascinating to see how the artists design something and make it work for the body and the cover up
- the humor — the clients and the artists are all a lot of fun and there were several moments that I laughed
Jessimae: “I don’t judge anybody, but damn.”
Tommy: “Have you asked for forgiveness for this tat, bro? If not, I’m going to be doing the Lord’s work today.”
This series was fun, creative, and at times, hilarious. I’m definitely interested in any future episodes.
Huge thanks to Netflix for the screener. Tattoo Redo releases on July 28th.
Do you have any tattoos? Do you have any that you regret or would get covered up?
Leave a Reply