A few months ago, I received an email from Netflix with the information about a new Jurassic World animated series and the option to receive a screener of the season. Well, there was no way I was going to miss out on dinosaurs, so I eagerly said yes.
Title: Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous
Format: CG Animation
Episodes: 8 Episodes (22 min)
Release Date: September 18, 2020
Synopsis: Set against the timeline of the blockbuster film Jurassic World, Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous follows a group of six teenagers trapped at a new adventure camp on the opposite side of Isla Nublar. When the events of the film unfold and dinosaurs are unleashed across the island, each kid realizes their very survival rests on the shoulders of themselves and their fellow campers. Unable to reach the outside world, our six teens will go from strangers to friends to family as they band together to survive the dinosaurs and uncover hidden secrets so deep they threaten the world itself.
Cast: Paul-Mikél Williams as Darius, Jenna Ortega as Brooklynn, Ryan Potter as Kenji, Raini Rodriguez as Sammy, Sean Giambrone as Ben, Kausar Mohammed as Yaz, Jameela Jamil as Roxie, Glen Powell as Dave
before we get to my top 5 reasons to watch, let’s check out the trailer!
Top 5 Reasons to Watch Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous
- the characters — diverse, delightful, and easy to root for and relate to
- the dinosaurs — I mean, does this need more of an explanation?
- the animation — it was so intricate, that I found myself watching the background and looking for the mini details that seemed to be in every scene
- Bumpy — Okay, she’s also a dinosaur, but I loved her so much that she definitely deserved her own point
- the ending — I was really surprised with how it ended and I’m wondering what it means
This series was so much fun and I know I’ll be watching it again.
Huge thanks to Netflix for providing the screener episodes. Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous releases September 18, 2020.
Will you be watching Camp Cretaceous? What’s your favorite dinosaur?