When I got the invite to watch screeners for the docuseries “How to Change Your Mind”, I replied immediately. I was instantly intrigued at the synopsis and settled into watch right after getting my greedy hands on the show.
Title: How to Change Your Mind
Director: Alison Ellwood and Lucy Walker
Novel by: Michael Pollan
Episodes: 4 x 50 minute episodes
Genre: Documentary/Medical & Science
Release Date: July 12, 2022
Synopsis: Academy Award-winning filmmaker Alex Gibney and New York Times best-selling author Michael Pollan present this documentary series event in four parts, each focused on a different mind-altering substance: LSD, psilocybin, MDMA, and mescaline. With Pollan as our guide, we journey to the frontiers of the new psychedelic renaissance – and look back at almost-forgotten historical context – to explore the potential of these substances to heal and change minds as well as culture.
Before we get to my top 5 reasons to watch, let’s check out the trailer.
Top 5 reasons to watch How to Change Your Mind
- The idea — the science between psychedelic drugs and mental health
- The format — each episode focuses on one drug, gives the history of it and how it’s used in clinical trials
- The stories — patients with ocd, depression, cancer, bipolar disorder, ptsd, and sexual assault share their before, during, and after of taking the drugs
- The science — research in the 50s was fruitful and successful, but also buried
- The narrator — also the author the series is based on, at the end of each episode, he takes the psychedelic and shares his experience
I was really into this show and I am eager to see how this information helps in the future. Huge thanks to Netflix for the invite to watch this. How to Change Your Mind releases on July 12th.
Do you watch documentaries? Do you have a favorite topic?
Leave a Reply